- 10 to 20 minutes
- Old magazines with pictures to cut
- Paper plates
- White glue
- Search through magazines to find pictures of foods that the child likes to eat, cutting them out as you go.
- Pour a small amount of white glue on several paper plates and have your child spread it around with his fingers.
- Lay the pictures on the plates and let them dry.
- Have a party together and pretend to eat and enjoy the food.
- Invite dolls and stuffed animals to a party.
- Help your child sort the foods into breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections.
- Sort favorite foods into one pile and talk about them.
- Ask your child who would like to eat each food, thinking of other persons or pets.
- What would a princess like to eat? A giant? A mouse? Set a table for each.
- Play restaurant and let the child be the cook who delivers what you want.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.