Things I Love
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Collected leaves, feathers, or other outdoor items
- Needle and thread
- A 2-yard piece of sheer fabric
- Make an unusual display of things your child has collected by sandwiching them between two layers of sheer fabric and sewing stitches to separate them from each other using little pockets.
- When hung on the wall, the display provides ongoing opportunities for the child to talk about the items.
- Hang the display in front of a window so the light can shine through it.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.