Family Tree Activity
Making a visual family tree that shows your extended family is a project your child will really enjoy.
- Poster board
- Scrap paper
- Collect photos of the people you want to include in your family tree.
- Before you draw your tree on poster board, sketch it on scrap paper.
- Show your child and her siblings at the bottom of the tree and work your way up the branches to show her extended family.
- Using your sketch as a guide, pencil your family tree on poster board, then draw over your pencil lines with markers.
- Glue each photo in its proper spot onto the tree and label it with the name and birth date of the person pictured.
- You might also note marriage and death dates if you like.
- Post your family tree in a prominent place where the whole family can admire it.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.