- 20 to 30 minutes
- Paring knife
- Plastic wrap
- Potato peeler
- Lemon juice
- 2 Rome Beauty apples
- 2 candles
- You will probably want an extra apple to cut up and eat as you make these attractive table decorations. Core the apple halfway into the center to make room for the candles.
- Use plastic wrap around the base if the hole is too large.
- Carve designs into the apple skin, using the potato peeler.
- Rub the exposed apple with lemon juice to keep it from discoloring.
- Carve designs for specific holidays or parties.
- Use candles that match the apples.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.