Green in a Bag
- 15 to 30 minutes
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Plastic baggies
- Blue and yellow food coloring
- Mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and water.
- Fill a closable baggie about 1/3 full with the mixture.
- Drop in food coloring (yellow and blue) but do not mix.
- Zip shut so the child can mix the color through the plastic by kneading it with her fingers. This is a gentle and quiet activity, and it is important to avoid rough play since the bags can tear.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.