- 20 to 30 minutes
- Rubber bands
- 4 to 6 empty toilet paper rolls
- At least 2 colors of clear plastic food wrap cut into 4-inch squares
- How different the world looks through these magical colored lenses. Place a colored square of plastic wrap evenly over one end of each roll, holding it in place and pulling it tight with the rubber band.
- Look through them together, either one or two at a time.
- Help your child come up with words to describe what is seen.
- Use a different color for each eye and talk about what you see.
- Trade colors and talk about how each one makes you feel as you look at the things around you.
- Tape a 12-inch square of the colored wrap on a window for looking outside.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.