- 15 to 20 minutes
- Low shelf or counter space
- Four year olds love to collect just about anything, and sharing discoveries with others engenders a lifelong love of learning. You can help by providing a reachable, central space for the display of whatever your child collects or finds interesting.
- Talk about the display and share it with others.
- Set paper and pencil by the display so family members can leave comments and questions.
- Bring part of the collection to the dinner table and talk about it while everyone eats.
- Ask a question about the display that requires research and help the child find the answers.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.