Medals of Honor
- 10 to 15 minutes
- Metal can or jar tops
- Glue or a glue gun
- A great way to celebrate accomplishments is to have customized medals on hand to award. For each medal cut a 2-foot length of ribbon and trim the edges nicely.
- Fold over and glue the can top to the middle of the ribbon.
- Make a design or award designation (1st Place, winner, name, etc.) with white glue on the other side of the lid and sprinkle with glitter.
- Let dry thoroughly and tie the ends together so the medal can be hung from a button on the shirt or attached with a safety pin.
- Plan a ceremony together to award the medals and include family and friends.
- Have an award ceremony for dolls or favorite stuffed animals and make up award categories together.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.