- 20 to 30 minutes
- White paper
- Tempera paint
- This activity challenges your child to think in new ways and explore new feelings. Feel the paper to get a clear understanding of where the paint and brushes are before you put on the blindfold and begin.
- Paint on the surface while blindfolded by focusing on the arm and finger movements. You will both discover the interesting challenges of creating artwork without vision.
- Do the same project using crayons or felt pens with the paper.
- Draw the same picture with eyes open and with the blindfold on and talk about the differences in the process.
- Challenge each other to draw a particular item with the eyes covered.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.