Painting with Marbles
This marble painting activity provides a unique and fun art experience for you and your child.Time
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Shoe-box lid
- 2 cups
- 2 or more colors of tempera paint
- Several marbles
- Who would imagine that marbles could provide a painting experience that is so interesting to watch and so fun to do? Cut the paper to fit snugly inside the shoe-box lid.
- Drop marbles into the cups and add a small amount of tempera paint.
- Drop each paint-covered marble into the box lid and tip the lid gently so they roll around, leaving trails of paint.
- For Halloween, you can make spider webs by using white paint on black construction paper.
- Use the completed paper as a border for other artwork.
- Use the dried product as unusual gift-wrapping paper.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.