Paint Blot Art
- Construction paper
- Tempera paint, liquid
- Rolling pin
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half like a greeting card, then open it up.
- Using liquid tempera paints and a spoon, have your child drop different colors onto one of the inside halves of the paper.
- Fold the paper again with the paint on the inside, and have your child roll a rolling pin over the paper to spread the paint.
- Open the paper and have your child use her imagination to decide what the blot looks like.
- When the paint is dry, fold the paper so the paint is on the outside.
- Use as a unique greeting card.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.