- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Shallow dish
- Tempera paint
- Construction paper or other paper
- Cover your child's work surface with newspaper.
- Pour a quarter cup liquid dishwashing detergent into a shallow dish. If you use powdered tempera paint, mix a small amount of water with the paint.
- Add the paint mixture or liquid tempera to the dishwashing liquid until the color is intense.
- Place one end of a straw into the mixture, and blow until the bubbles are almost billowing over the edge of the dish.
- Gently place a piece of construction paper or other paper on top of the bubbles and hold it in place until several bubbles have popped.
- Continue this process with different colors, blowing more bubbles as needed.
- To make a unique greeting card, use a piece of construction paper folded in half.
- When dry, your child can add drawings to the picture and sign her name.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.