Golf balls or Ping-Pong balls also work well for this activity.
- Shoebox with lid or diaper-wipe container
- Tempera paint
- Cut a piece of plain paper or construction paper to fit the bottom of the shoebox or diaper-wipe container.
- Pour a small amount of paint into a dish and dip a rock in the paint.
- Place the rock into the shoebox or container and shut the lid.
- Shake the box up and down and from side to side.
- Open the lid and look at the design the rock has made.
- Dip the rock in another color of paint and repeat the shaking procedure until your child tires of it.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.