- 21 spring-style clothespins
- Paint and paintbrush
- Craft glue
- Clear acrylic spray
- Pull the clothespins apart and discard the springs.
- Glue the smooth sides of the pieces in each pair together.
- Let the glue dry.
- Arrange the pairs in a flower blossom shape with the pointed ends touching in the center.
- Glue the parts that are touching and press them together. Let the glue dry.
- Have your child paint the trivet.
- Finish it with clear acrylic spray.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.