Odds and ends of plain ceramic tile are great fun to paint. You can hang painted tiles on a wall or use them for coasters or trivets.
- Acrylic paints
- Paintbrushes, sponges, and/or small stickers
- Plain ceramic tile
- Clear acrylic spray
- Glue gun (optional)
- Marbles or wooden beads (optional)
- Let your child paint on a plain piece of tile.
- He can paint a design, scene, or message; use sponges to make a colorful design; or stick stickers on the tile, paint over them, and remove the stickers when the paint is dry.
- When your child's masterpiece is finished, spray the tile with clear acrylic spray.
- If your child has made a trivet, you might also use a glue gun to glue marbles or wooden beads to the underside of the tile (one in each corner).
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.