Although this idea uses paint, I think it's too neat and clean to include with the other painting activities. It's quick and fun for anytime--not just when you've got the time and energy for a painting project.Materials
- 3 tablespoons powdered tempera paint
- 1/4 cup liquid laundry starch (optional)
- Ziploc bag
- Construction paper
- Mix the powdered tempera paint with liquid laundry starch.
- Pour it into the bag and smooth out the bubbles. If you don't have liquid laundry starch, just prepare the tempera paint fairly thick or use fingerpaint.
- Make sure the bag is well-sealed, then show your child how to press the bag to make designs.
- Place a piece of construction paper under the bag (use a different color than the paint) and notice how it seems to change the color of the paint.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.