Dip and Dye Snowflakes
- Cone or square-shaped coffee filters (or paper towels cut in circles or squares)
- Small bowls of dye (diluted food coloring or strong tempera paint)
- Fold coffee filters or paper-towel circles or squares in half, quarters, thirds, and so on.
- Dip them into a bowl of dye, blot, open up, and let dry.
- When dry, fold again and make snowflakes by cutting small shapes along the folded edges.
- Use the snowflakes as a holiday decoration; tape them to your window or your child's bedroom door.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.