- 15 to 20 minutes
- Empty half-gallon milk carton
- Hand-sized plastic objects
- Shallow baking dish
- This puzzling activity can provide interest on and off for up to an hour. Put some small plastic objects into an empty milk carton and fill it 3/4 full with water. Freeze over night.
- When you are ready to play, run warm water over the carton to peel it off and place the ice block in a shallow baking dish outside. When melted, the toys will be set free.
- Instead of toys, add some grapes or strawberries before freezing.
- Put the frozen cube into a wading pool during water play.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.