Trick Your Fingers
This trick has a scientific twist, and most kids will think it's pretty neat.
- Three bowls
- Ice cubes
- Fill one bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- Fill a second bowl with hot tap water (hot to the touch, but not hot enough to feel uncomfortable or burn your child's skin).
- Fill a third bowl with room-temperature water.
- Put one of your child's hands in the bowl of ice water.
- Put the other hand in the bowl of hot water.
- After a minute, put both hands in the bowl of room-temperature water.
- Although both hands are in the same bowl, the water will feel cold to the fingers that have been in the hot water and hot to the fingers that have been in the cold water.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.