Envelopes made from gift-wrap or wallpaper add a special touch to holiday cards, invitations, and thank-you notes.
- Gift-wrap or wallpaper
- Pen or pencil
- Glue, tape or stickers
- Let your child choose an envelope the same size as the envelope he'd like to make.
- Help him carefully pull apart and open the envelope flaps to create a flat pattern for tracing.
- Lay the pattern on the wrong side of a piece of gift-wrap or wallpaper and have your child trace it.
- Carefully cut out the traced shape.
- Fold in the side flaps and glue the bottom flap onto the side flaps. (Look at the original envelope if you're not sure where to fold.)
- Let your child place a card or letter inside the envelope and seal it with glue, tape, or stickers.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.