- Large whole walnuts in the shell
- Green felt
- 4 inches thin gold cord or ribbon
- Red and black acrylic paint
- Glue gun
- Magnet (optional)
- Have your child paint a walnut red.
- When the paint is dry, use a very fine brush to paint tiny black dots all over the walnut.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch square of green felt.
- Then cut a 4-pointed star from the felt. Poke a small hole in the center of the star. Glue the ends of the cord or ribbon onto one end of the walnut shell to make a hanging loop.
- Slip the felt star over the loop and glue it onto the walnut. Voilã - a strawberry!
- Omit the cord or ribbon and glue a small magnet onto one side of the walnut.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.