Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 25 minutes
- Paper plate
- Green and red construction paper
- White craft glue
This is a personalized holiday decoration. You may wish to do one with each member of your family.
- Cut the flat center out of the paper plate so that only the rim remains.
- Have your child spread her fingers and lay her hand flat on the green construction paper. Trace around your child's hand with the pencil to create a hand template.
- Cut out a dozen hands from the template.
- Cut out three red circles, about the size of a grape.
- Help your child arrange the hands around the plate ring. You want the hands to overlap and the fingers to reach outward.
- Help your child glue the hands to the plate. Let her glue on the red "berries" for a finishing touch.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.