Draw a Map
- Pens or markers
- Help your child draw a simple map of her neighborhood.
- Include familiar and personal landmarks on her map: the mailbox, the store, the playground, her friend?s house, the fire station.
- Take this map with you on your walks and point out the landmarks as you go.
- On your walk, collect natural materials, such as acorns and leaves, to use for an art project.
- At home, map the location where you found these items.
- You can also draw maps of your yard, your house, or your child's bedroom.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.