Introducing Your Child to the Computer: Online Games and Learning
In This Article:
For an example of a safe, fun, and educational site packed with games for early learners, check out the Moms and Kids Playground at Funbrain.com. The simple, mouse-driven games are designed for children under age 6 to pick up and play. They foster hand-eye coordination and visual acuity, and some reinforce important concepts such as counting. Other kid-friendly sites include:
- Poptropica.com - a virtual world where kids can safely explore and play by engaging in quests, stories, and games.
- PBSkids.org - the online learning site from the Public Broadcasting Service
- SesameStreet.com - games and more from the children's TV show
- Kids.NationalGeographic.com - games featuring wild animals and geography facts
- ChildrensMuseum.org -science-related online games from the Children's Museum of Indianapolis