- 15 to 20 minutes
- Any recipe that uses spices
- Let your child help you to pour, stir, and add the spice to a recipe.
- Talk about the smells before and after the spice is added.
- Cook pancakes in several batches and add different spices to each, doing a taste test afterwards.
- Let your child use a pepper grinder to help you season a dish.
- Purchase fresh herbs in the store, and let the child smell and help add them to a recipe.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.