- Piece of cardboard
- Crayons, markers, or paint
- Yarn or string
- Glitter, stickers, etc.
- Cut the piece of cardboard in the shape of a star.
- Decorate the front of the star in an interesting design.
- On the back of the star, write a wish or a thought you would like one of your friends to have. For example, "I wish you to be the best actor at the play audition," "I hope you make it through the spelling test and get an A," "You are charming, funny, and kind," "I hope you hit a home run!"
- Sign your name if you want, or if you want it to be a secret, write from your secret friend.
- Poke a hole in the top of the star, run the piece of string through, and tie at the top so it hangs like an Olympic medal.
- Hang it in the friend's locker or place it over their coat at lunch.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.