This is a fun game for toddlers, but takes a while to prepare.Materials
- Gift-wrap or fabric in 4-6 different patterns and colors
- Posterboard, file folder, or large piece of cardboard
- Clear contact paper
- Utility knife
- Small index cards or pieces of cardboard, posterboard, or heavy paper
- Cut a pocket from each piece of gift-wrap.
- Glue the pockets to a large piece of posterboard, leaving the top of the pocket open.
- Cover the posterboard with clear contact paper.
- Slit open the top of each pocket with a utility knife.
- Cut gift-wrap rectangles that will fit in the pockets. (These will be the handkerchiefs.)
- Glue them to small index cards and cover both sides with clear contact paper.
- Your toddler will have fun matching the handkerchiefs to the pockets.
- Store the handkerchiefs in an envelope or Ziploc bag attached to the back of the posterboard.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.