- Pompoms in various sizes and colors
- Purchase pompoms in a variety of colors and sizes from a fabric or craft store.
- For very young children, start with no more than three colors or sizes.
- Use several sizes of pompoms in one color and encourage your child to sort them by size.
- Use one size of pompoms in several colors and ask your child to sort them by color.
- Store pompoms in a Ziploc bag when not in use.
- Spools of thread also work well for sorting and matching. Use two spools of each color in at least three different colors.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.