If the cutting and gluing aspect of preparing this activity will take more time than you have, use two sets of matching stickers instead.Materials
- Metal lids from frozen-juice cans
- Double set of pictures (either photographs or from a magazine)
- Clear contact paper
- Magnets (optional)
- Plastic container, shoebox, or diaper-wipe container
- Cut a double set of pictures of family and friends (or pictures from two identical magazines) into a round shape that will fit the lid of a frozen-juice can.
- Glue the pictures onto the lids and cover with clear contact paper. (You should have two sets of lids exactly the same.)
- Have your child sort the lids into pairs by matching the two pictures that are the same.
- If you like, glue magnets to the backs of the lids and make this a refrigerator or cookie-sheet activity.
- Store the lids in a plastic container, shoebox, or diaperwipe container with a slit cut in the top, your toddler will enjoy dropping the lids into the opening to put the game away.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.