This simple matching game is lots of fun. Even toddlers with no concept of color will enjoy parking the cars in the garages, whether they match or not.Materials
- Small boxes (shoeboxes work well, as do some cereal boxes)
- 3-4 toy cars in different colors
- Construction paper
- Paint (optional)
- Colored contact paper (optional)
- In one side of each box cut a garage door big enough to fit a toy car.
- Cover each box with colored construction paper, matching the colors of the paper to the cars. (If you like, use colored contact paper or paint the boxes instead.)
- Turn each box upside down so the bottom of the box is the roof of the garage.
- Encourage your child to park each car in the garage of the same color.
- Store the garages and cars in a larger box or plastic container when not in use.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.