- Construction paper
- Black marker
- Clear contact paper
- Make up two sets of cards from construction paper.
- Start with only a few colors, working your way up to the nine basic colors (red, green, blue, brown, yellow, orange, purple, black, and white).
- If you like, write the names of each color on the card.
- Cover the cards with clear contact paper.
- Spread the cards out on a table and begin by picking up one of the cards and saying, "I have a red card. Can you hand me the other red card?"
- After a while, your child will enjoy matching the cards all by herself.
- Store the cards in a small Ziploc bag when not in use.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.