- Masking tape or colorful tape
- Use masking tape or colorful tape to make several different shapes on the floor.
- Call out different movements, such as "Crawl to the square," "Hop to the circle," or "Run to the triangle."
- If you like, make a Shape Cube with the same shapes on it as you have taped on the floor.
- Throw the Shape Cube into the air and when it lands, have your child move to the same shape as is displayed on the top of the cube.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.