I Know Your Nose
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- Close-up portraits of family members, including one of your toddler
- Index cards
- White craft glue
Can your child identify other family members by just looking at a nose or other facial feature? This activity develops visual discrimination and problem-solving skills.
- Cut out each family member's facial features (eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Glue all of the eye sets to one index card, all of the noses on another, and the mouths on a third.
- For each card, challenge your toddler to identify the owner of the facial features.
- To extend this activity, omit the step of gluing the pictures onto the index cards; instead, tape them on temporarily. Let your child remove them and create a new person by jumbling the facial features into a new face.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.