First Hole and Peg
- 5 to 10 minutes
- 3 empty toilet-paper rolls
- A shoe box
- In the top of the box cut 3 holes that are big enough for an empty toilet-paper roll to slide through easily.
- Sit on the floor together and show the child how to put a roll into each hole.
- Shake the box, open it, and let your child pull the rolls out and repeat.
- Take turns putting the rolls into the box, talking about who is doing it each time.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.