Tense and Release
- 10 to 15 minutes
- You can help children experience the physical changes that happen when their bodies are tense and relaxed. Lie down together on your backs and make a face holding it and then releasing quickly on command.
- Tighten the fingers and arms and relax in the same way, on command.
- Do the same thing with the legs and feet.
- Finally, breathe in deeply and tighten the whole body from head to toe and hold.
- Relax and force all of the air out of the lungs.
- Talk to the child about what it felt like.
- Let your child stand and feel your legs tensed and relaxed.
- Repeat from a standing position.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.