Hey Diddle Diddle
Activity for a group
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- Cut-out or photograph of a cow
- Cut-out or photograph of the moon
- Masking tape
- 1 sheet poster board
Use the famous nursery rhyme to help your child learn spatial concepts.
- Tape the moon onto the poster board. Stick a loop of tape to the back of the cow.
- Teach your child the classic nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle." Ask your child questions like, "Did you ever see a cow jump over the moon?" or "Do you think a cow can really jump that high?"
- Ask your child to stick the cow "over" the moon.
- Introduce variations to the rhyme and have your child place the cow in the appropriate place each time. Examples: the cow hid under the moon, the cow danced beside the moon, and so on.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.