Run to the Ribbons
- 10 minutes
- Brightly colored ribbon
- This activity provides visual cues that will get most children moving at top speed. Cut the ribbon in 2-foot lengths and tie it to trees, doors, a water hose, etc.
- At the word go, run from ribbon to ribbon, touching each one.
- Let your child suggest objects to tie the ribbons to.
- Let your child give the directions about which ribbon to run to first.
- Use different colors of ribbons and give sequenced running directions by color.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.