Through the Tunnel
- 10 to 15 minutes
- A few chairs
- 2 to 3 sheets
- With this activity, your child will learn about the space around his body and how to control his limbs in an enclosed space. Cover chairs completely with sheets, making twists and turns that will build spatial awareness and require control of arm and leg muscles.
- Although you may be too big to join in this fun, go partway into the maze to demonstrate, or greet your youngster at the exit.
- Add pillows to crawl over on the way through the tunnel.
- Let your child scoot a favorite toy through the tunnel.
- Add heavier blankets in some parts to make it darker.
- Use a flashlight while going through the tunnel.
- Put a favorite toy at the end as a surprise.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.