- 15 to 30 minutes
- Piece of rope at least 6 feet long
- This activity strengthens the muscles and focuses attention. Tie one end of the rope to a tree or chair and hold the free side about 2 feet off the ground.
- Challenge your child to go under the rope by crawling or scooting on the tummy.
- Lower the rope a few inches each turn and repeat as many times as possible.
- Keep track of ways to go under the rope and talk about which ones work best.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.