Life-Sized Foil Figures
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Masking tape
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- This activity can give your child a whole new perspective on body size. Measure your child's height and cut 2 sheets of foil a bit longer than that length.
- Tape them together down the center seam.
- Have your child lie on the floor and place the sheet of foil over them, molding the foil around the arms, legs, torso, and head. Be gentle around the face area.
- Lift the foil very carefully and trim away the excess.
- Tack to the wall.
- Let your child help to mold one of you.
- Hang the forms from the ceiling or wall with string.
- Make a mold of a doll or stuffed animal.
- Make molds of other household objects.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.