- 5 to 10 minutes
- Open, grassy area
- Your child will love the dizzying effect of this game but will also be challenged to control the body. Have your child lie on her back with her arms extended overhead.
- In that position, have her roll her body forward in a straight line.
- Children tend to curl up, so tell her to try to keep her arms above her head and her legs straight.
- Be sure to take turns and receive feedback on your performance.
- You can add to the challenge substantially if you have a hillside to roll down.
- Try this from the top to the bottom of her bed before a bedtime story.
- On a rainy day, spread out a blanket, and your rolling area will be defined.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.