- 15 to 20 minutes
- A pencil or pen
- Contact your local fire department, or check the Web for information about home fire safety.
- Talk about what you learn as it applies to your home.
- Practice a fire drill and discuss the results together.
- Help your child make a fire escape map of your home.
- Visit and make an escape map for a close family member in another home.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.