Papier-Mâché Easter Egg
- Paper plate
- Pink construction paper
- Pink or white pipe cleaners
- Hole punch
- Mix up some Papier-Mâché paste and put it in a pie tin.
- Inflate a balloon and tape it to the top of the table.
- Dip strips of newspaper in the paste and place them on the balloon, overlapping edges slightly. Cover the balloon completely and let dry.
- Have your child decorate the covered balloon by painting an Easter egg design, or cover the balloon egg with a layer of tissue paper in pastel Easter colors.
- Finish with shellac for a shiny, glazed effect.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.