- Cheesecloth or burlap bag
- Have your child place about one cup of compost on a piece of cheesecloth or burlap.
- Tie the cheesecloth or burlap shut with string.
- Fill a pail with water and hang the compost bag inside the pail.
- Cover the pail and let it sit for a week or so.
- Water your plants with compost tea every few weeks to help them thrive.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.