- Shallow dish of water
- Potting soil
- Your preschooler will be fascinated to see how plants grow from seeds or cuttings.
- Soak seeds from an orange, apple, grapefruit, lemon, or lime in water for a day or two.
- Fill several planters with potting soil and place three or four seeds in each one about half an inch deep.
- Water the seeds, place the pots in a sunny spot, and watch for the green shoots to grow.
- You can try plantings seeds in a pattern or shape: a letter, number, square, or circle.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.