Grow a Potato
- Cut each potato into four pieces with at least two eyes per piece.
- Have your child plant each piece eyes-up about four inches deep.
- Water the plants regularly.
- As the potatoes grow, mound soil around them to keep them covered.
- Dig up your potatoes in the fall after the stems and leaves die.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.