Stretches for Flexibility
In This Article:
The Least You Need to Know
- Age and a sedentary lifestyle make stretching a necessity.
- Stretch to the point where you feel a gentle tension in the muscle.
- Hold your stretches for at least 20 seconds.
- As you hold the stretch, breathe deeply, stretching just a little farther with each exhalation.
- Whether you're hustling after a bus or trying out for the Bolshoi Ballet, you'll feel and perform far better if you're limber from the waist down.
Excerpted from he Complete Idiot's Guide to Weight Training © 2003 by Deidre Johnson-Cane and Jonathan Cane. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide website or call 1-800-253-6476.