Stretches for Flexibility
In This Article:
The Least You Need to Know
- Age and a sedentary lifestyle make stretching a necessity.
- Stretch to the point where you feel a gentle tension in the muscle.
- Hold your stretches for at least 20 seconds.
- As you hold the stretch, breathe deeply, stretching just a little farther with each exhalation.
- Whether you're hustling after a bus or trying out for the Bolshoi Ballet, you'll feel and perform far better if you're limber from the waist down.
Excerpted from he Complete Idiot's Guide to Weight Training Ã‚Â© 2003 by Deidre Johnson-Cane and Jonathan Cane. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide website or call 1-800-253-6476.