Where Do We Live?
- Map of your city, town, or neighborhood
- Look for your city, town, or neighborhood on a map. Point out your home's location and the location of relatives' and best friends' homes.
- Find the school your child will attend and show your child its location in relation to your house and street.
- Find the nearest park, lake, mountain, or other cultural or physical feature on the map and talk about how these features affect your life.
- Living near the ocean may make your climate moderate, prairies may provide an open path for high winds, and mountains may block some weather fronts.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.