It's fun to play together as a family. Plan a family contest night full of fun competitions that everyone can participate in. Here are some ideas:
- Balance contestyou need two tin cans and a length of string. Set the cans two-feet apart, each person stand with one foot on the can, holding one end of the string in their hand. At the count of three, each challenger tries to unbalance their opponent by pulling on the string.
- The longest apple peelyou need an apple and a vegetable peeler. Each person peels an apple, then measure who has the longest unbroken peel.
- Coin spinningsee whose coin spins the longest. Make sure to give everyone a few practice spins.
- Blink teststare at each other and see who blinks first.
- Laugh-a-thontry to make opponents laugh by cracking jokes and making faces.
- House of cardswho can build the biggest house of cards.
- Jump ropewho can skip the longest.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.