- 30 minutes
- A few chocolate chip cookies
- Plastic knife, toothpicks
- Shellfish or nut pick
- Small paintbrush
- This is a great project to show kids how much patience it takes to be a paleontologist or archeologist. Take a chocolate chip cookie and scrape out as many whole chips as possible.
- Concentration is required to extract the chips, which are then eaten as a reward.
- Record the number of chips in each cookie and compare results.
- Determine which tools work best to complete the task.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.